LCL Hot Water Systems and Safety Course - 29/11/22
(Unvented Hot Water Course) LCL Awards Level 3 Award (National Certification)
The HWSS course contains the original content from the old unvented hot water systems training, plus the new requirements under G3 for both vented and unvented systems.
The HWSS course is recognised by Competent Person Schemes (CPS) approved to offer self-certification under Approved Document G.
Duration: 1 Day – 8:45-16:00 (including home study of Approved Document G)
- Course manual, training and assessment included
- Certification fees included.
- Hands on access to at least three fully operational air source heat pumps.
- Comfortable air-conditioned training room, relaxed environment.
- Lunch & refreshments included.
- Free onsite parking.
What you will learn
- Regulations, standards and guidelines
- Theory of understanding of expansion of hot water (HW)
- Principles of HW storage
- Design considerations
- Components and function
- Safety controls, discharge and integration
- Installation of HW systems
- Maintenance and servicing of HW systems including Unvented HWS
- Health and safety considerations
How you will be assessed
Assessment is carried out using a variety of methods; including multiple choice, short written response and scenario questions and observed practical tasks.
It is essential that you are experienced in the installation of domestic cold and hot water systems. It is also essential that you have one DCLG (Department for Communities and Local Government) recognised competency in a conventional fuel i.e. gas, oil or solid fuel; or for those in the plumbing field an NVQ level 2 or equivalent plumbing qualification or experience.
A basic knowledge of the WRAS Water (fittings) Regulations is desirable although this course is available separately. Candidates undertaking the course should also be conversant with the new Part G document which can be downloaded from the internet.