LCL Installation and Maintenance of Air Source Heat Pumps - 22/02/22
LCL Awards Level 3 Award (National Certification)
Designed for experienced heating installers who wish to install heat pumps in domestic and small commercial properties.
This heat pump course meets the training entry requirements for the Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS). Details of MCS and how to join also covered in the course.
Duration: 3 days – 8:45-16:00
- Course manual, training and assessment included
- Certification fees included. (60.30 +VAT)
- Hands on access to at least three fully operational air source heat pumps
- Comfortable air-conditioned training room, relaxed environment
- Lunch included
- Free onsite parking
What you will learn
- Health and safety risks and safe systems of work associated with air source heat pump systems
- Requirements of regulations and standards relating to the installation, testing and commissioning of air source heat pump systems
- Operational characteristics of heat pump unit and heat pump system components
- Purpose and operational characteristics of air source heat pump system components
- Different types of air source heat pump systems and the arrangements for hydraulic emitter circuits
- Principles of air source heat pump selection and system design
- Design factors and principles relating to air source heat pump systems
- Preparatory work required for air source heat pump installations
- Requirements to install, commission and hand over air source heat pump systems
- How to plan and prepare for the installation of air source heat pump systems.
- Be able to install air source heat pump systems.
- The testing and commissioning of air source heat pump systems.
- How to handover to the client air source heat pump systems.
- Inspection servicing and maintenance of air source heat pump systems.
- How to diagnose and rectify defects and malfunctions in air source heat pump systems.
- Procedures for inspection, service and maintenance of air source heat pump systems.
- Fault diagnosis and rectification of defects and malfunctions on air source heat pump systems.
How you will be assessed
Assessment through work performance activities and a 25 question multiple choice online e-assessment
To get the most out of this course you will need to hold one of the following qualifications:
- Level 2 or Level 3 NVQ or SVQ in plumbing / heating & ventilation / gas / oil Installation and Maintenance qualification
- Valid Core Gas Safety (CCN1) certificate must be involved in the installation of heating systems
- OFTEC Oil certificate
- Valid HETAS certificate
Also, if you don't already have these qualifications as part of an NVQ you have taken you will need:
- WRAS Water Regulations
- Energy Efficiency for Domestic Heating
- Hot Water Systems & Safety (G3 Unvented)
All of these courses are available at Unitherm Training Centre, please ask for details.