Underfloor Heating in Devon
Underfloor heating is becoming increasingly popular in the UK, and for good reason. This type of heating provides several advantages over traditional radiators, including improved comfort and lower energy costs.
In Devon, underfloor heating can be installed in a variety of ways, including electric underfloor mats or warm water systems.
Renewable heating available to residents of Devon
Underfloor heating is an ideal way of providing warmth, comfort and energy savings for both residential and commercial properties in Devon.
This type of heating is much more energy efficient than traditional radiators or storage heaters. So you can benefit from lower running costs. The consistent warmth that the floor provides helps create a comfortable space to relax or work.
As UFH systems are concealed when not in use, they do not take up any valuable space in your home or office either.
The Unitherm team provides comprehensive service, from design through to installation, so you don’t have to worry about the project yourself. We have a wide range of modern UFH systems for supply and installation in your home.
Benefits of Underfloor Heating systems
- Improved Comfort – Provides a more even, consistent warmth in comparison to radiators, ideal for those who suffer from cold spots.
- Reduced Energy Costs – As UFH is more efficient than traditional heating systems. This can help you reduce your energy bills over time.
- Long Lifespan – Systems can last up to 25-50 years with the right maintenance, making them a great long-term investment.
- Reduced Noise – UFH is much quieter than traditional radiators as there are no fans or noisy pipes.
- Suitable with a range of floor surfaces – Can be installed under a range of floor types, including carpet, tiles and wood.
Downsides of underfloor heating
Despite its numerous benefits, underfloor heating has its downsides:
- Installation Costs – Can be expensive to install, depending on the size and complexity of the project.
- Damage from moisture – The system may suffer damage from damp or condensation, so make sure the area is properly sealed and insulated.
- Lack of Flexibility – UFH systems are not as flexible as traditional radiators, so if you ever need to rearrange furniture or want to make changes to the layout of your room, it could be difficult to accommodate this with an existing system.
What is the lifespan of underfloor heating?
Electric systems typically have an average lifespan of 25 years. While water UFH systems have a longer life of about 50 years. However, for systems that are connected to boiler systems, the boiler may need to be replaced after 10-15 years.
Will it add value to your home?
Underfloor heating is a desirable feature for many buyers. It may even help boost the sale price of the property. It can improve comfort and efficiency, which are both attractive features for potential buyers.
Living in Devon? Check out our underfloor heating options
If you’re considering installing and designing underfloor heating in your home or workplace in Devon, then Unitherm can help. With our extensive experience and range of UFH systems, you can be sure of a professional and efficient service. Contact us today to find out how we can help you.